After I came back, I talked to Jasmine a little, then took a nap and then cycled to the photo shop in Sgn North Ave 1 that is near both our houses and picked up the poster that I had framed (framed, not scapegoated, mind...). I have to keep it in the wrapping paper til we move house though. Not much point putting up the picture because it will just end up creating a hole in the wall that we have to patch up later before we sell the house... so not worth it. I really like the picture though... an angel with the lute... 11-stringed lute. I'm going to put it in the harp room when we move :D

"Angel with Lute", part of a fresco painted by Melozzo da Forli (1438-1494) (Melozzo from 'Forli', they didn't have surnames back in the 15th century so they used the name of the place they were from, for example Leonardo da Vinci is basically Leonardo from 'Vinci')
![]() | Speaking of harps, I've been thinking of a lot of different names for my harp. Right now I'm favoring Artemis, you can read about her here (yes, I finally got back to recalling my html) I like the name because it's the name of the goddess who was also a huntress... a woman who is both strong and beautiful. I was looking on the internet and I found this picture... (hmm... she is left-handed? haha) When I was about 11 or so I first glimpsed this picture (actually a completed jigsaw puzzle) in my aunt's office, with the curve of the bow fitted snugly into the curve of the crescent moon... I loved it at once but I never knew which goddess it was... I had no idea it was even a goddess and not some fairy... Only when I learnt more about greek mythology did I find out that it's Artemis (thank you wikipedia) so I think that it would be fitting to call my harp after a greek goddess depicted in a picture that I've always loved. And, well, her association with the moon and by extension, astronomy... what can I say? It's a great name. Some previous names I considered included Cantate and Caritas. |
I don't understand why every single day I'm just so completely exhausted... sometimes I know it's because I do some stuff, but surely not every single day? Or maybe it's just because when I'm not tired I end up staying up until I do get tired?

No comments:
Post a Comment