I suppose recre-choir(recreation choir) members have it a little easier... It was really funny when Aggie(our choir president) started off about our resident 'recre-choir'. To cut a long story short(and shot), some people not in the SYF team have called themselves that, after the fashion of sports CCAs. For example, those not in the badminton school team are members of recre-bad(recreation badminton). They shouldn't, really... One does not expect members of sports CCAs to have a very good fashion sense. Just look at their competition wear and our competition wear... I don't have to say any more, do I?
End of story.
Anyway, a whole lot of weird thingys have been happening... Strange that weird=happening, but that's none of my business.
- SL(Service Learning) discussion was today. We finished 25 minutes before the bell rang and ended up talking about our class outing. They changed the date so many times that I don't even remember what it is now.
- I went to the school library looking for a book that according to my GP(General Paper) tutor I was supposed to read. When I finally got to the library, I forgot the title of the book I was supposed to be looking for. Didn't have (anything or anyone) to reference to with me at the time. Told the nice(and suffering) librarian that I would come back later when I had the title of the book firmly in my head. (anyway, I forgot entirely about the whole business until after the library had closed.)
- I went to the bookshop today(after going to the library)(and anyway the bookshop is close to the library) and spent $9.10 in 4 trips.
Trip 1:
Purchased foolscap paper(for writing on) and red pen(for writing on the foolscap paper)(and marking my assignments)(and peer-marking other people's assignments). Btw the bookshop stocks 'Ballsign' and 'Gellyroll' red pens at the same price. Tried out the inks of both pens and found them the same. Guess that means that 'Ballsign' is the new name of 'Gellyroll'...Foolscap: $1.30
Red pen: $1
Total: $2.30
Walked to my locker and deposited the foolscap. Remembered that I had meant to get a hole puncher for a long time so that I could file my geog(raphy) notes. Walked back to the bookshop.
Trip 2:
Spent a long time looking at all the different hole punchers(not that there's a large variety, they only stock three different kinds of hole punchers there). Was rather tempted to buy a relatively more expensive(but comes with more features) model. Then I reminded myself that I had already spent $2.30 at the bookshop today. Got the least expensive one.
Hole puncher: $2.30
Total: $4.60
Walked to the locker again to get my geog file. Found the locker really messy. Tidyed up everything in the locker. Then I helped someone open their locker because the door had become stuck. Went back to my locker. Found my eraser that I had been looking for for a long time. Apparently it got stuck between the pages of my chinese workbook. Anyway, my geog file was not there. Realised that I must have brought it home some time ago. Shut the locker and walk up to the third level outside the choir room where my bag was. Continue doing homework. Make some mistakes(using a pen too!). Am reminded for the (approx., lets say I am reminded once a day for... say... a month?) 30th time that my liquid paper has run out. Thought about correcting the mistakes only when I get home, but then I remembered that I have neither correction tape nor liquid paper at home. Have no choice but to go back down again to the bookshop to get something to correct my mistakes with.
Trip 3:
Think the bookshop uncle is quite mystified by this strange girl who keeps going in and out of his shop buying things one at a time instead of buying them all at once. Spent yet more time choosing which liquid paper to buy(not that there's much to choose from, there's only one brand: Pentel) Mentally calculated using price and volume to see which one was more worth it compared to the others. Apparently, the larger the volume you buy, the more worth it it is. So I got the one with the largest volume. Yes I know I'm thrifty. Thanks.
Pentel 12 ml correction fluid: $4.50
Total: $9.10
I walked back to the benches outside the choir room. On the way, I met Joyce. She said she was bored and waiting for her next lesson, so we walked up and down the science block together. After some time, we walked back to outside the choir room. Decided to test drive my liquid paper. By gosh, it is really 'liquid' paper! When I squeezed it, only water came out. Go to the bookshop with Joyce(cos she's bored) to complain.
Trip 4:
By now I believe the bookshop uncle is quite tired of seeing me. Go instead to the bookshop auntie, who by some miraculous process, manages to revive my liquid paper and bring it back to life. Finally leave the bookshop for the last time.
- I can't remember the last time I bathed. Presumably it was yesterday. Then again, I don't really remember when I bathed. *looks at clothes* Okay... I suppose I did bathe yesterday then...
- My parents(yes, plural) forgot to go to the doctor to get the replacement antibiotics. Parents attempt to play doctor.
Yes. That's about it. Ah well... Choir tomorrow morning at 9.30 in the choir room... Have to go sleep...
1 comment:
ha ha...... another weird thing. I always smile at the place i learnt my first Norwegian word. For some reason everything can be horrible there and yet i can still feel happy
Post a Comment