Monday, June 11, 2012

First summer post

Right. Haven't posted much in here for some time because I was basically, busy. But this blog will not be able to fulfill its initial purpose if I do not post in here (kinda) regularly and record down my thoughts. Yes, I am currently posting here at 4 am (I plead jetlag from my trip to Germany, plus the 水研社 coffee milk tea that I guzzled down before, during and after OMM rehearsal just now (I wasn't drinking 3 cups, just one large one...)) but I am also waiting for my CDs I bought on the Germany trip to be copied into the computer, so here I am. Apologies if the following has a seriously disjointed train of thought, because I am multi-tasking and also trying to get my thoughts here as quickly as possible before they disappear.

What else am I doing other than writing this post? I am sorting out my email, which is a major headache for me because there are many unread mails,as well as mails that I need to sort into different folders. Normally I wouldn't really care about the unread mails, but today for some reason I decided to clean up as much as I can (I again plead jetlag). As of now, I have 3424 non-advertisements to read :S

It's interesting that after many years, Blogger has finally changed its layout.

Oops, stomach rumbling. I believe I am disrupting my circadian rhythms in my stomach. Today I woke up late in the afternoon. I didn't set any alarm because I wanted to 'wake up naturally' as Ziqiao would put it, and so I just slept as much as I wanted to. When I finally felt rested, I looked at the clock, and oh gosh, it was already 4 pm! I was almost late for the OMM rehearsal.

Yes. That's the other thing that has been going on. I have been having OMM rehearsals every single day since I came back. Alright, that's a lot more dramatic than I meant it to be, since it's only 3 days in a row (I've had worse). Today when I smsed my dad telling him that I would be back home late again tonight as I was having rehearsal, he replied me with one word: "Again?" :p

In case you haven't heard it yet, I am a MAJOR fan of 水研社 and I love to drink it at least once a week. I try to minimise health risk by asking for 0% sugar, but I know that there is still some hidden in the pearls, which I love and is a big reason why I buying from 水研社.

Jon is finally back!! :D Had a good conversation with him last night, though I did not manage to bring him the miniature viola that I brought back (it's a viola, not a violin, because I didn't buy the smallest model they had xD xD).

Here I have to admit to a certain guilty pleasure. I enjoy listening to medieval and renaissance music. I just love listening to the different instruments, which sound so different from the 'refined' ones that we have today. They have this ability to sound so joyous, especially the recorder (which Bach used beautifully, even though its use was already dying out in his time). I am sure that the current period we are going through is a revival of interest in the medieval and renaissance, not least exhibited by the Sims Medieval :P. I bought that game some time ago and I am having great fun listening to it! The game soundtrack is great too, heh :P

I had a great time in Hungary, where things were surprisingly cheap. It's sad, because I later read in the newspaper that Hungarians are one of the best educated, but one of the worst-paid. That's why things are cheap: otherwise most people would not be able to afford anything. On a happier note though, I enjoyed touring in Budapest because it was beautiful, and having a good-looking guide (who was, incidentally, also good at getting his point across) certainly helped things :P I also had some good experiences with a few shopkeepers (since I of course did not have lots of time to interact with a lot of shopkeepers), who were honest in using the official exchange rate used by banks, since Hungary does not use the euro, and most of the time we wanted to pay in euros. Contrast that to Czech Republic, where buying things was often quite trying, as the shopkeepers not only used unfavorable exchange rates to the euro but also priced their goods much higher than even in Germany, and in general just tried to rip us off. :(

Erm, right. Stomach growling quite bad now, and in any case, I really really should sleep before 5 am...?

No comments: