Sorry about the previous fury-filled post. I think I'm going to complain again today... hahaha, so if you don't want to read, then don't.
While I am writing this, my friend is taking the New South Wales competition. This is not because she signed up of her own will, but because all triple science classes in the school have to participate. This is completely unreasonable. Why not allow those who would like to compete sign up and those who don't, don't? It certainly isn't that triple science classes are those who are the best classes in the entire school! Why, I was once the highest scorer in school, and another time, I arrived 20 minutes late, but I still managed to get into the national top 2%! Now, simply because I am NOT in a triple science class, I have to sit down here waiting for others to finish!
In fact, some pupils in the triple science class are not all that intelligent as we think. The reason they do well is because they are extremely hardworking. I do respect them for that, but doing things in the way mentioned in the above paragraph is really a bad case of generalisation.
Anyway, there is generally a great stress on the Secondary 4 students because the mid-year examinations start two days from now for most of them. For the music students(including me), we start our exam tomorrow! What a nightmare! My parents are just pressurising me by saying that I better do well in my mid-year. The usually bad point about having siblings is that there is always someone better for you to compare to, unless you are really the 'pride' of the family, one who gets all the scholarships, prizes etc. etc.
In MY case, I am in big trouble because our family intelligence is so that the younger we are in the family, the dumber we get. I am not talking about standard wise, but in result wise. My father was always the top-scorers of exams and such, my mother was a headgirl who was top 10 in her O-levels. Then it comes to me and my brothers. My brother just got back his A-level results not too long ago and he had 3As and 1B... I gotta be crazy if I can match that. In his O-levels, he had 7 points. I also gotta be crazy if I can match that. I suppose that is one of the reasons why I choose to go into music. There, at least, I won't be compared to my siblings!
I suppose in many cases, the prospect of being able to enjoy the good life with ample money and without needing to work is very appealing. So some people want to become a rich tai-tai(woman who marries a husband with lots of $$$). Now, isn't this being completely dependent on someone else? It amazes me sometimes at how some people can really compromise their pride just for the money.
In any case, I find those aspiring tai-tais have nothing that is so fantastic about them. I wonder how are they going to be a rich tai-tai like that. It gets me rather angry at times when they start saying everything about what they're going to do when they become a rich tai-tai. It's like counting your eggs before they're hatched. Now, if I were to become a rich tai-tai... no. I'm NOT going to be a rich tai-tai. Even if I do marry someone who's rich, I refuse to be dependent! I do suppose that I am rather proud in that way... but that's the way I'm made.
No comments:
Post a Comment